Friday, October 29, 2010

Studies

I have come to a point in life where I have to choose - (isn't it every minute of every day we have to make decisions that will effect our life and the life of our cvhildren? every time I make a choice of acting a certain way, or not responding to a question, or feeling angry at someone... or any choice at all our life is effected deeply... but now I'm talking about the "big" decisions, the kind of decisions that most clearly form our future)to choose whether or not we are going to continue in our path at home or we should choose a school for our children and if so, what kind of school would it be? Would it be OK in a mainstream (regular) Israeli school? Maybe we should consider sending them to an alternative school (whatever that might mean...)?
Or maybe I should ask a slightly different question - why should the decision be mine? or ours as parents?
To understand all of the questions and to make sure I am asking those questions I decided to go and study a little. I am studying "the research of alternative education" in Haifa University. I am hoping to ask myself and others (professors and students) the fundamental questions of education and I am hoping to find my path by answering those qwuestions for myself. I suppose that most of the questions and the answers will depend on my belief system and so I am hoping to form one (or to articulate the one I already have, but can't see clearly).
My wish is to post some of the questions here in my blog and to have a discussion (all comments are welcome!)

2 comments: