Monday, September 21, 2009

Our life has changed a lot since Eshel's sickness. Before I couldn't really understand all those homeschooling families who can be at home by themselves all week long and meet other families once a week or even once in two weeks. Now I understand that it is good for children to be at home without meeting other children every day (like we used to, it was like a goal for me - to find socialization for Michelle). Michelle is becoming more imaginative in her play, she likes to play with Eshel (and he is becoming more and more a partner for play because of him growing and also because there is not much choice). We get to do more things together and we are more relaxed - nowhere to rush, nothing much we have to do. I think it is good for all of us to be alone. It lets us find out more about each other. I look back and I feel that by always trying to find friends for Michelle I was actually trying to help myself - to get her off my back for some time and if she didn't want to play with children I would get irritated with her. Now, when we are so much alone, she is a better player and I think when she does have a chance to be with children she enjoys it more. The only thing that we are definitely losing is her Hebrew ( the more she speaks, the better it gets, but she prefers English speaking friends). There are days now that I don't feel like seeing anyone (I don't remember me having days like that before). Eshel taught us a lot and one of the most important lessons for me was to value my time with my children more (yes, yes... even more).

No comments:

Post a Comment