Saturday, August 15, 2009

Michal's house

Visited Michal. Nothing changed except that she has another baby... She is very calm, very patient, very Michal. To be with her made me very calm too and I realized that everything can wait, life is not a race, it is a journey. We travel the journey and we want to make it pleasant and fulfilling for our children, we don't want them to think that it is a competition where you have to prove something to someone all the time.
What do you do when your child tries to hurt someone? You hug and calmly tell him to stop. (It works! I saw it.)















Playing on the living room carpet.




















Playing and feeding and laughing - all is possible.

2 comments:

  1. Julie,

    I've encoutered a quote that I liked and thought that it's just right for your blog:
    Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

    I like reading your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete