Friday, June 14, 2013

thinking love outloud

Love. I want to give love to my family unconditionally - this is my dream, but i also have another, no less important one. I want to learn to recieve love. This recieving/giving is it really that different? When you recieve, don't you also give and when you give, don't you recieve as well? Perhaps here it would be appropriate to think of a gift (as Derrida writes it). So recieving...how do you understand and recieve the love of the other? The bursts of love that resist the regular economy of giving is what i am looking for in my life...love that doesn't seek payment, in any way, nor appreciation, nor any other condition, but is given freely (perhaps even without being really "given")...maybe here it would be interesting to think about being in love, and not loving, as something passive...in love (whose love?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment