Saturday, February 5, 2011

parenting

I know a few types of parents:

- parents that are not very interested in their children's lives... no, not bad parents, just too absorbed in their own lives, too forgetful .... they believe that if something is done on the national/world level it must be right and who are they, anyway, to decide?!

- parents who are very much concerned about their children's future ... they want the best of all world for their children (in  the future) and they know how to grab their dream ... never mind the fact that the children are seldom interested, that the future is ...just the future, that most of the dreams are their dreams... dreamt in their childhood and never realized.... these parents push and push .... and sometimes in the end they need to pull (and pull hard... and then, there is no more talk about dreams...)

- parents who let their children be... not out of any thought or belief... it's just much easier this way. I heard that a lot of these children grow up to be very angry at their parents.. I wonder if these parents just never believe in them ... never let them strife for anything... I wonder...

- there are parents that are ... different... I can't put them all together in one paragraph, but when I meet them - I know..... I want to learn from them... their children grow up to be happy, loving, interested ... their eyes shine and their smiles make you warm.... I want to know how that is possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment